Similar in format to the Datlow/Windling/Grant/Link ‘best-of’ yearly anthologies, Tan has managed to select his 12 best stories published last year. You can check out the website here.
I’m happy to point out that three of the stories– Dean Alfar’s “Strange Weather”, Crystal Koo’s “Wildwater”, and Mia Tijam’s “Spelling Normal”– were first published in the estrangheropress first outing, The Farthest Shore: Fantasy from the Philippines.
(For tips on how to get its different versions, see RocketKapre‘s how-to post.)
Here’s the list of the 12 stories cited:
- The Fires of the Sun in a Crystalline Sky by Francezca C. Kwe
- The Day the World Lost Its Gravity by Camsy Ocumen
- Strange Weather by Dean Francis Alfar
- The Sewing Project by Apol Lejano-Massebieau
- Lex Talionis by Paolo Chikiamco
- Isa by Marianne Villanueva
- Spelling Normal by Mia Tijam
- Daddy by Yvette Tan
- From Abecediarya by Adam David
- The Annotated Account of Tholomew Mestich by Elyss G. Punsalan
- Beats by Kenneth Yu
- Wildwater by Crystal Koo
- Moondown and Fugue by Alexander Drilon
- The Maiden’s Song by Kate Aton-Osias
- Capture by Gabriela Lee
- The Secret Origin of Spin-man by Andrew Drilon
Congratulation to all of them!